Kathryn Tappen’s Thanksgiving reflections
‘Tis the season to start reflecting on what we are most grateful for.
Thanksgiving is one week away, and while everyone is busy getting their grocery list items crossed off for the massive amount of family and friends who will invade the premises, I thought it would be appropriate to take a minute and reflect on what I am thankful for.
- I’m thankful that I am not dead last in my weekly pick-‘em football pool. Bottom third? Yep! But not dead last. At least I have some sort of integrity to preserve.
- I’m thankful that the election is over and I don’t have to listen to or watch campaign ads 24/7. Hey, I get it. But over a billion dollars spent? Come on!
- I’m thankful that people actually find me somewhat interesting to follow me on Twitter. I was against the social media giant, but my colleagues and bosses felt it was necessary for me to join. Thankfully, people are there to support me. THANK YOU all, and I apologize if I’m not as interesting as you thought.
- I’m thankful that my husband allows us to have the super duper cable package so we get Showtime. I am obsessed with Homeland.
- I’m thankful that I never emailed a war general through Gmail.
- I’m thankful Selena Gomez finally came to her senses and broke up with… what’s his name again?
- I’m thankful that E.L. James took her talents to a publisher.
- I’m thankful my “IPad2” looks like the latest “IPad with Retina Display” so I don’t look like I’m behind the times with technology (although I’m sure Apple will screw me over in another 6 months).
- I’m thankful you can’t take the Jersey out of the Jersey Girl (thank you Bruce).
Ok, Ok enough of that.
In all seriousness, I am thankful for so many things in my life. I have a wonderful family, awesome friends, an incredible job, and I am thrilled to be a part of She’s Game Sports.
I pray for everyone close to my hometown who was affected by Hurricane Sandy, and I wish them all well in the recovery process.
And I’m thankful that I only have to wait seven more days until the radio stations start playing Christmas songs around the clock!