Gameday recipe: Pizza melts
Whether you’re heading to tailgate, hosting a party, or just watching the game with a few friends, these pizza melts will definitely be a crowd-pleaser. There are two key elements to this recipe that I’m shocked no one has thought of putting together before: crescent dough and pizza. Personalize these by adding whatever pizza ingredients you prefer. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
- 2 cans of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce or tomato paste with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup pizza sauce (if desired)
1. Heat oven to 375ºF and grease a cookie sheet
2. Unroll one can of crescent roll dough in a large rectangle. With a floured rolling pin or fingers, roll dough into a 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
3. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over dough, stopping about 1/4 inch away from the edge. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
4. On parchment paper, unroll second can of crescent dough, rolling it into a 12×9 rectangle and sealing all the perforations.
5. Carefully lower the dough with the paper side up onto the cheese. Remove the parchment, brush egg over dough, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5-10 minutes, and cut into squares. If desired, serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Recipe from Pillsbury.com