Gameday recipe: fun ideas for Turkey Day leftovers
Thanksgiving is coming up on Thursday, and it’s personally my favorite holiday. Parades, football, turkey…what’s not to love? And as a holiday dedicated to food, that means that there are going to be leftovers….so, so many delicious leftovers. I’ve found a recipe outside of the normal Thanksgiving sandwich that would be great to serve while cheering on your team.
The Thanksgiving stromboli is portable and easy to eat, plus you can stuff them with all of your favorite parts of the traditional Thanksgiving meal. They’re sure to be a hit at any tailgate or party.
- 1 tube refridgerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons all-puropse flour or cornmeal
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 3 cups leftover turkey, shredded
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seads
- 2 cups leftover gravy
1. Preheat your oven to 400º.
2. Open the tube of pizza dough. Lightly cover your hands and work surface in flour/cornmeal. Lightly stretch the dough and then cut it into four sections.
3. Spread a spoonful of cranberry sauce on a diagonal on one of the sections.
4. Layer the turkey and stuffing over the cranberry sauce in a diagonal line. Sprinkle cheddar over turkey and stuffing…be sure not to overstuff the stromboli!
5. Tuck the two corners that aren’t covered over the filling. You should have turkey and stuffing coming out of the ends a bit.
6. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and lightly press them into the dough.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 with the remaining sections of dough. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with hot gravy for dipping.