Gameday recipe: Monday night munchies
It’s that time of year Patriots fans. . . It’s Monday Night Football time! This Monday, the New England Patriots will take on the Houston Texans. With the Texans standing at 11-1, it is sure to be a nail-biting game. The best way to calm those nerves is to munch on some snacks during the game! Here are a few munchies for you to snack on.
The Original Chex Party Mix
- 3 Cups Corn Chex
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 3 Cups Wheat Chex
- 1 Cup mixed nuts
- 1 Cup bite size pretzals
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
1. In large microwave bowl, mix cereals, nuts, and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture and stir.
Microwave uncovered on high 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool.
Recipe courtesty of Chex.com
Nachos are another great snack that everyone can enjoy. You can use this recipe, but you can also adjust it to only using whichever ingredients you like.
Restaurant Style Chicken Nachos
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 green onions, sliced, white parts and tops separated
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 shredded, cooked, whole chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and white parts of the green onions in canola oil until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Toss until well coated with oil. Stir in the salsa.
2. Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture over tortilla chips. Top with Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend and tomato. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of allrecipes.com