Gameday recipes: Super Bowl dips
Super Bowl Sunday is approaching quickly and it’s time to start thinking about what you are going to serve at your Super Bowl party! Here are two great dips for snacking during the game.
Baked Bean Dip
- 6 slices of bacon, diced (or more…you can never have too much bacon)
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 can pork and beans, drained
- 1 can lima beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 10 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dark sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Heat oven to 325. Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. In a small skillet, saute bacon with onions and drain well. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Add bacon-onion mixture and mix well. Pour bean mixture into prepared casserole. Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Cook chicken breasts in any way that is convenient for you. Using a cheese grater or just your hands, shred the chicken.
In a microwave safe bowl, soften the cream cheese. Add ranch, chicken, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir well. Microwave in 1 minute intervals until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips or crackers.