Police to Search Body of Water Near Hernandez Home

Published On June 24, 2013 | By Francesca Pelletier

The motto for New England Patriot tight end Aaron Hernandez should now be “only time will tell.” The 23-year-old NFL star has found himself at the center of an ongoing investigation into the alleged homicide of Odin Lloyd, whose body was found nearly a mile away from Hernandez’s home, and the tight end has yet to be ruled out as a suspect in the case.

According to Kathryn Sotnik of NECN, the police are preparing to search a body of water near Hernandez’s home Monday in search of a gun that may have been used to kill Lloyd. This is the most recent development in the case following a home search that occurred Saturday afternoon.

State police officers, along with two police dogs, arrived at the Hernandez residence in North Attleboro on Saturday afternoon with a warrant to search his home after investigators discovered numerous accounts of suspicious behavior. The police were originally tipped off when Hernandez hired a team of house cleaners a week ago to sanitize his home, sources told ABC News. To make matters worse, Hernandez had destroyed his home security system that surrounded his estate as well as his cell phone.

According to ABC News, the police were informed that Hernandez intentionally destroyed the security system and cell phone himself. The police were handed the remnants of the cell phone from Hernandez’s attorney after the search warrant was issued.

When officers arrived at Hernandez’s home, they were carrying handfuls of paperwork and pieces of criminal analysis equipment. They eventually called for a pry bar that was brought into the home after the initial entrance. Another suspicious action occurred when a locksmith pulled up to the residence to assist in the search. At 5:45 p.m., the police left the residence carrying approximately 15 bags of supposed evidence.

With hundreds of reporters outside the home, all officers denied to comment on the situation. Both the Bristol District Attorney’s office spokeswoman and Hernandez’s attorney declined to comment on the investigation.

Comments are closed.

About The Author