Gameday Recipes: Stay warm during the Pats game
It looks like another cold day tomorrow in Foxborough as the Patriots take on the Miami Dolphins. If you aren’t there enjoying the excitement of the game in person, stay warm inside and try some of these game day recipes.
Warm Bacon and Cheese Dip
A great way to stay warm on a cold day is to eat warm foods. Not only is this dip served hot, it also has bacon…and bacon makes everything better! It’s simple to make and perfect for game day.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla chips or French bread slices for serving
In a 1 ½ quart slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients from the list. Cover and cook for two hours or until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Serve warm with tortilla chips or bread.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home
Ultra-rich Hot Chocolate
Another great way to keep warm during the game is to try this rich hot chocolate.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Mini marshmallows, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
Bring milk, cocoa powder and sugar to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add salt and bring to simmer; whisk until frothy. Ladle into mugs and add garnish as you wish. Serve hot.
Recipe Courtesy of Food.com